- Issue Time
Home water filter systems remove unwanted tastes and odor from mains water to provide clean, fresh-tasting water straight from your tap. This article will share the method of choosing a household water filter.
As concerns over tap water quality continue to grow, manufacturers have introduced many water filtration products to the market. Home water filters can remove contaminants from water, simply follow this step-by-step guide to find the best home water filter for you.
1. Learn about the POE and POU systems. These are the two types of water filters available for home use. POE systems treat all of the water that enters your home and connect to the water meter or pressurized storage tank. POU systems, however, treat water at the point where it is being consumed, such as a showerhead or sink.
(1)POU filters can be attached externally or can be installed inline.
(2)POU filters that are installed inline filter all the water passing through a pipe.
2. Learn about the different types of POU systems available. These types of filters are very common and come in many different formats. POU filters include pitcher filters, personal water bottles with built-in filters, and refrigerator filters. They can be mounted to a faucet, under the sink, or the countertop.
(1) Smaller carafe-style pitcher filters are good for single people or couples since they only filter a small amount of drinking water at a time.
(2) Some people do not like filters attached to their countertop or faucet; see which style of POU filter suits you best.
3. Find out what's contaminating your water. This will help you decide if you need to target any specific contaminants when choosing a filtering system.
(1) Visible particles in your water can be rust or sediment, and houses that rely on wells often have bacteria in the water.
(2) The contaminates your water has will depend on your home.
(3) You may discover you do not need a water filter at all because your water contains no contaminants.
4. Evaluate your specific water filtration needs based on the contaminants in your water and the POE and POU systems. If you have a family that drinks several gallons of water a day, a single carafe-style filter would need to constantly be refilled, but a smaller family or couple's water needs would be met by a simple filter.
(1) If the contaminants in your water are very toxic, you probably want a POE filter to clean all the coming into your house water.
(2) On the other hand, if you are only filtering the water for taste, a POU filter on the faucet will suffice.
(3) Research the different options.
5. Pick a filter certified by an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited certification body (examples: NSF or WQA Gold Seal) and is designed to reduce the contaminants found. Now that you know the contaminants found in your water, which will vary, you can buy a filter based that will clean your water effectively.
(1) These databases will ask for the manufacturer, brand, and other information to check the safety of the filter.
(2) Enter all the required information once you navigate to the database.
(3) Do not pick a filter that isn't certified by an ANSI accredited Certification Body, and do not pick one that will not clean the contaminants found in your water.
6. Consider all the maintenance costs. Filters need to be periodically replaced to function properly. Purchase the water filter. You may also want to purchase a warranty and extra filters.
7. Install the filter according to the manufacturer's instructions. Many POE and POU systems will be easy to install, but you can also hire a professional to install the filter for you. Some POU filters require you to run some water through the filter before consuming the water. Read and follow all of the manufacturer's instructions when installing the filter.
8. Keep track of when your filter needs to be replaced. If you use the filter and do not change it when it is supposed to be replaced, your water will not be clean anymore. Use a calendar or other reminder to keep track of when you need to change filters.
YIJIA Health provides high-quality household water filters of different specifications to meet different household needs. If you want to know more about the water filter after reading the above, you can get a comprehensive solution by contacting us.
We are an experienced manufacturer of household appliances, equipped with a professional production team and strict quality inspection system, which can control the quality of products in all aspects. Our products are sold all over the world and have won praise and trust from many customers. If you are interested in our water filters, please contact us immediately!